All applicants who wish to apply to stay in Malaysia under the Malaysia My Second Home Programme must submit the following documents :
- Letter of Application (cover letter)
- Personal background as well as your intention in joining this programme.
- Persons whom you wish to come with you (single or with family members)
- Briefly explain how you will support your stay in Malaysia (financial
- Indicate the financial criteria you wish to use; either Fixed Deposit or
monthly off-shore income (for 50 years and above)
- Forms IM.12 (Social Visit Pass Form)
- Five (5) coloured passport-sized photographs
- MM2H Application Forms
- Certified copy of Passport-sized photographMM2H Application Forms
- Certified copy of a Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse)
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if accompanied by children)
- Resume with 10 years of working experience.
- A Certified copy (s) of 6 months latest bank Fixed Deposite Statement/other related financial documents to indicate the financial capability to support stay in Malaysia. (For age below 50, show of above RM 500,000 and age above show of above RM 350,000)
- At least 3 months certified copies of pay slips/pension, slip/income statement etc.
- Items 2 – 4 are also required if accompanied by spouse and children as dependants.
- Dependants refer to spouse and children aged below 21 years old and whom are not married.
- Participants from selected countries who are entering Malaysia with a Tourist Social Visit Pass prior to approval of Malaysia My Second Home programme are required to pay for Journey Performed Visa (JP) (RM 500.00)
- The processing and approval process will take 3 - 6 months from the date of submission of the application, provided the documentation is complete.
This applies to those did not receive the full duration of the 10-year Visa because
of the short validity period of their passport at the time of approval and would
like to receive the remaining period upon the issuance of a new passport.
The applicant must appear in person at the Immigration Department of Malaysia and is required to bring the following documents :
- Old and New Passport
- Photocopy of the New Passport
- IM.12 Form; and
- Payment of RM 90.00 per year for the Social Visit Pass Fee, payable to the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
SOCIAL VISIT PASS APPLICATION FORM IM.12
The applicant must be present in person at the Immigration Department of Malaysia and is required to bring the following documents :
- Letter of intent to continue stay in Malaysia under this Programme
- Photocopy of Passport
- IM.55 Form
- Payment of RM 90.00 per year for the Social Visit Pass fee, payable to the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
The applicant SHOULD FORWARD THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO THE Malaysia My Second Home Centre :
- Letter of intent to terminate stay in Malaysia under this programme
- Photocopy of Passport
Participants under the Malaysia My Second Home Programme are not allowed to work or employed while staying in Malaysia.
In addition, they should not participate in activities that can be considered sensitive to the local people and a threat to the security of the country.